The Adopt a Creek Spot Program is a partnership between the City of Livermore Water Resources Division, Zone 7 Water Agency, Livermore Area Recreation and Park District, Alameda County Resource Conservation District, Alameda County Watershed Forum, Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District, Friends of the Arroyos, Living Arroyos, and Goza Gear Eco-Friendly Screen Printing & Embroidery Work.
The Program's mission is to promote healthy Tri-Valley creeks through active community participation and education.
The Program's goals and objectives include the following:
- Reduce Litter
- Minimize urban run-off pollution to storm drains and creeks
- Improve and protect water quality and aquatic habitat
- Support and promote community stewardship
- Provide local watershed beautification opportunities
- Inform the community of creek restoration opportunities
- Provide local watershed educational opportunities
- Help create and maintain a healthy, Tri-Valley watershed